Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pizza Party

So on Saturday we had the Pizza party! It was so much fun, but as usual, I made way too much food. Saturday morning we made the dough, and gave them plenty of time to rise. The I made the sauce in the afternoon, I made a vat of sauce, literally ally, I filled the largest pot available with sauce, not realizing you barely need any sauce for a pizza. We have lots of left overs, but this is possibly the best sauce I ever made, so it's getting eaten. We made 3 pizzas, a pepperoni, a mushroom, and a flat crust onion. The flat crust was my favorite, but apparently that is debatable, so I guess they were all good. It was really fun and super messy to make. We had 2 doughs, a ton of sauce, and an army of cheeses left over. So then Sunday night, well afternoon really, I made spaghetti with left over sauce and sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes, plus cheese. Then Last night I used one of the extra pizza doughs (recipe here) to make a delicious roll up, which I liked better than the pizza, so that is the sorta-recipe I am going to share.

Pizza Roll Up:
1 pizza dough
Toppings of your choice (I used pepperoni, onions, and spinach)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan cheese
Sauce for dipping

Pre-heat the oven to 375. Roll out the pizza dough as thin as you can get it, and into a squarish shape. Spread your toppings all over then top with the mozzarella (heavy handed). Roll the dough like you would a jelly roll or a crescent roll (except end to end, not diagonal). It should look like a long tube. Pinch ends together so nothing can escape while baking. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray, and put roll on sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Cook for about 30-35 min, until the dough is cooked. Let cool slightly, then slice, serve with sauce for dipping and enjoy!

Happy Eating.


StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade pizza and pizza party sounds really appealing to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some blog love!