Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekend Round-Up

Hello Foodie Friends! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Monday. Well, my knitting is almost done. I have 500 stitches around and it goes to 548, so stay tuned...

Anyway tonight is Pasta with pesto (from Trader Joes) with spinach and tomatoes and last night was fried rice (again and yum). But, if I go back to this weekend I do have a recipe to share. On Saturday the wonderful boyfriend made me dinner for a change. A lovely treat, steak and rice. On Sunday, I made my mom's Asian inspired tuna steak and because we had rice the night before and didn't want it again, I randomly served it with a potato and onion hash, that was extremely delicious. While, I don't necessarily recommend the pairing, both were very good.

Easy Potato Hash:

2 Medium golden potatoes (or however many you want)
1 yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
Olive oil
1/4 can of beer
Salt, pepper

Chop the potatoes as small as you possible can, I'm talking tiny. Heat olive oil in a pan. toss in potatoes and some salt and pepper and let brown a bit. Lower the heat and add in the beer, it should be enough to cover the bottom of the pan, but the potatoes should not be submerged. Chop onions and garlic toss in the pan. Salt and pepper to taste and let the potatoes cook through. That's it your done. So easy. So good.

Mom's Tuna:

2 Tuna steaks
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup Tereyaki Sauce
3-4 slices Pickled ginger
Wasabi paste
Black sesame seeds
Olive oil

Mix the sauce in a sauce in a serving bowl by mixing the soy, tereyaki, ginger, and a good squeezing of wasabi paste. Adjust until you like the flavor. Then pour some sauce on the tuna steaks. Enough to coat each side. Cover the tuna in the sesame seeds. Heat a pan with the oil. Put steaks in and let brown (a few minutes) then flip over and brown the other side. Take tuna out of the man and cut into long strips. Brown the raw sides of these strips in the pan. This just takes a minute. Take out tuna slice into little pieces so that it's pink in the middle and sesamed around. Serve with sauce on the side. Enjoy

Happy Eating!


StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some blog love!