Well friends, exactly one year ago today, I decided to start a food blog. Well, not so much of a food blog, but a blog about my hobbies cooking, knitting/crafts, and also my dream hobby (it grows a little more every year but is still a dream) gardening. I had wanted to blog for a very long time and never felt like I had anything to say. I would write a post, then quit, try again and quit again. Then I found some focus, and something delicious to eat, and a true passion was born. It started slow, to be honest, I didn't know if anyone would read it (besides my parents, boyfriend, and handful of friends). The more I posted the more inspired I was to cook, to grow, to learn new things, and to post. Although I still dream of gardens and knit, I have been happy to let them fade and to feed the true passion I have discovered in the kitchen. I have come so far this year, from just saying what I was making, no pictures, barely a recipe, to recipes people can (and have) follow and pictures. I have found a wonderful community of foodie friends through Foodbuzz and Twitter. I have conquered personal goals, participated in challenges, tried new things, and grown as a cook and a person. I thank you all so much for a wonderful year and being such a big part of my life.
Some highlights from this past year (In no particular Order):
1. Participating in Project Food Blog
2. Making Macaroons
3. Being featured on Glamour Magazine's Blog Vitamin G
4. Cooking for my mom
5. Roasting a whole Duck
6. Making Jam
7. Learning to make Gifitle Fish with my aunt
8. Having the girls for a giant 3 post brunch
9. Making the boyfriend's birthday cake
10. Making the Foodbuzz Top 9
11. Seeing (and being seen) on The Martha Show
12. The first time someone told me they made one of my recipes
13. Eating my way through Argentina
14. Deep frying Indian samosas
So what's next, well I have some goals for next year...
1. Make Bread
2. Get something on Taste Spotting
3. Make beautiful ravioli
4. Work on my photography
5. Grow lots more herbs and veggies, and cook with them
6. Cook something from a new country
7. Host a cocktail party
8. Decorate a cake
9. More fish!
10. Keep cooking, eating, feeding, posting, and having fun
So once again thanks again, I couldn't have asked for a better first year. And a very special thanks to my first readers, for encouraging me always and trying all my food (good, bad, and works in progress). Keep reading and keep those comments coming, I love reading every single one! Here's to another year of me, in the kitchen.
And as always, Happy Eating.