Friday, November 19, 2010

Chicken and Udon Stir Fry

As I have said many times on here before, I love a good stir-fry. Quick and easy, yet delicious an exotic. Lately I have been obsessed with udon noodles. They are so different than other rice noodles, mainly because they are really thick. The sauce I use for stir-fries is usually a variation of this, you can switch Tereyaki for the soy, or use brown sugar or honey instead of maple syrup, or use different varieties of chili sauce to mix up the flavor. Likewise the protein and the veggies can be subbed with whatever your favorites or leftovers are.



Chicken and Udon Stir Fry:
1 Large boneless skinless chicken breast
1 8 oz package of Udon noodles
2 medium yellow onions
1 large green pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium shallot
1/2 package of gourmet mixed mushrooms
1 tbsp of olive oil
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 tbsp of maple syrup
2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
1-3 tsp of Sriracha
Salt, Pepper

Make the Udon noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet or wok, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cut onions into large slices or chunks and add to oil. Dice garlic and shallots and add to the pan as well. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are slightly tender, stirring to prevent burning. Chop the pepper and mushrooms to be a similar size to the onions and add to the pan as well. Slice chicken into thin pieces, season with salt and pepper lightly, and add to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and Sriracha to taste. Add the cooked Udon noodles to the pan and stir together, stir in sauce to taste. Serve and enjoy.

Happy Eating.


StumbleUpon

4 comments:

  1. My girls love the Udon Noodles, we did some noodle bowls a few weeks ago usin them. Your stir fry looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love udon noodles too. Your stir fry looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the same wave length. I am so enjoying udon noodles...I've even been looking into making my own.

    Wishing I had some udon noodles right now! Great dish with the chicken and mushroom fry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Udon noodles always come handy in my food shelves :-P
    Whenever I'm not into rice for lunch, this noodles will be my number choice, fast simple and best of all won't get mushy and great to take out as picnic lunch too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some blog love!