Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I (and the blog) have definitely been on a bit of healthy kick lately. And while I love a nice well balanced healthy meal, I cannot forget my MAJOR sweet tooth. Too long with out something wonderful and sweet and I just go nuts (picture me drinking cake batter, or eating an entire plate of brownies, not pretty.). So in order to prevent an "incident" I say let's have some cookies, and then give the leftovers away. Greatful people and a happy stomach. These cookies were special, very special. I started with my favorite cookie recipe, the Original Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe, the one on the back of the bag, it's there for a reason. It is chocolate chip perfection. I wanted cookies that were a little crisper, but still gooey on the inside, and I also wanted a nice salty bite (because salt and chocolate is AMAZING). My chocolate chip cookies turned out magically wonderful, your childhood favorite with nuts and just a hint of salty safistication.



Chocolate chip cookies:
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans and almonds

Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl cream the butter and both sugars until well combined and smooth. Add in the vanilla and the eggs, then beat with a hand or stand mixer on medium until the mixture is really fluffy and light, 3-4 minutes. This will make the cookies crisp and gooey, trust me it is worth the extra effort. Add in the baking soda, salt and 1 cup of flour, mix on low until combined. Add remaining flour and sea salt, mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips and nuts and stir together so that the chips are well distributed. Grease a baking sheet and drop cookies by rounded tablespoons well spaced apart. Bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool and then enjoy. (Adapted from Nestle Tollhouse original recipe)

Baking in the oven:



Ready for me to devour:




StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. Salt... nuts... chocolate... Heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a good idea to indulge your sweet tooth once in a while! These look like the perfect chocolatey indulgence!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some blog love!