Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peach-Blueberry Crisp

I'm very lucky, I don't have an allergies or food sensitivities. I can eat anything (and will, at least once). Luckily for people who do have food troubles, there are a lot of great options and alternatives this day. And lucky for my visiting friend with Celiacs, I am willing to bake her up some Gluten Free. This easy crisp lends itself to that easily, the hardest part for me was keeping everything clean to avoid cross contamination with the non-gluten free things I had baked earlier. This crisp tastes amazing, whether or not you are Gluten Free. Enjoy!


Filling:
3 lbs peaches
1/2 pint of blueberries
3 T. Tapioca starch
1 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of golden brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Topping:
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup almond flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup golden brown sugar
1/2 cup of almonds, sliced

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut peaches into medium thick slices. In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, blueberries, tapioca, sugars, and salt. Let stand while you prepare the topping. In a medium bowl mix together the butter, almond flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and sugar, until the butter is incorporated and you have a crumbley mixture. Stir in the almonds. Lightly grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish and pour in the peach mixture, spread so it's even. Cover the peaches with the topping, distributing evenly, most will be covered but there will be some holes. Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 40-50 minutes. Serve plain or with ice cream, hot or cold.

Happy Eating.


StumbleUpon

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and delicious dessert, love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, tapioca starch? I've never seen that before but it sounds so yummy. I love crisps. This is a great summer dessert recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I love a good crisp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some blog love!