Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

You may have seen these bad boys floating around the food blogs lately. They were popping up all over the place recently, and when I saw them, I knew it was destiny. Some things are too epic not to try. And they do not disappoint, I am not even a huge Oreo fan, but these are incredible and awesome. If you are going to tackle these, the double stuff is an absolute must. Grab your sweet tooth and your appetite and prepare to bite into an insane cookie, that also happen to be the size of a biscuit.



The monsters getting ready to bake in the oven:



The giant "biscuit" sized cookie, whole:



2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cups of dark brown sugar
3/4 cups of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
12 oz bag chocolate chips
Double stuffed Oreos

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease. Cream butter and sugars until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add in the salt, baking soda and 1 cup of flour and mix until well incorporated. Add in an additional 1 ½ cups of flour and mix in. Add in the remaining flour and mix until combined, then stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop one spoonful or ice cream scoop of dough onto each side of an Oreo, then pinch the edges together until you can’t see the Oreo anymore. Space the cookies wide apart (I baked 8 cookies per cookie sheet). Cook until they are golden, about 12-15 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet. (adapted from Picky Palate)



Happy Eating.


StumbleUpon

10 comments:

  1. I have been seeing a few of these recipes pop up, and boy, yours look delish!! I'm trying to hold out on making them because I'm not sure I have the will power to not eat the whole batch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these and have been holding myself back, but yours look so good! I'm really happy to hear how big they are, I love a huge cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those are seriously decadent!!! Go big or go home, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, what I wouldn't give for one of those. Talk about the ultimate treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! This is going to sound weird but someone left a box of oreos at my house and I didn't know what to do with them. Heh. We really don't eat store bought cookies, so this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dangerous!! These are just dangerous! I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found your blog on Gingerbread.. These cookies are unbelieveable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suprised I haven't seen these before! They look sinful and looks like your turned out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these too! I think my kids would realllly like this cookie. I might have to sample a couple too;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some blog love!