Friday, September 3, 2010

Truffled Pork Chops

Truffle oil makes anything decadent. It is an instant shot of richness and exoticness to something that would otherwise be everyday. Every time I eat it, I love it a little more. Until this recipe, I had never cooked bone in pork chops, I had also never eaten them. I am fairly new to the eating of pork products, but I have become slightly obsessed with the other white meat. These were a flavor explosion, the truffle oil makes them so incredible rich, and combined with the light flavor of the sherry, absolutely wonderful. I served these chops with some spicy asparagus, which I first shared in my I love read meat post, they are so simply and wonderful, line up the asparagus and salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, drizzle with olive oil (or chipotle olive oil, if you are lucky enough to have found a bottle somewhere) and roast or broil until tender and slightly crispy. They can be done at almost any temperature, so they are the perfect side dish to any meal.



Truffled Pork Chops:
2 bone in pork-chops, 1/2 inch thick
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of ground coriander
salt, pepper
1/8 cup of sherry
1 tsp of truffle oil

Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Salt and pepper the the pork chops on both sides. Sprinkle with coriander and rub into the meat. When the pan is hot, place the chops into the pan and allow to cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Flip over and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sherry and continue cooking until pork chops are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, drizzle with truffle oil and let rest a few minutes before serving.

Happy Eating.


StumbleUpon

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving some blog love!